"Doing a WORLD of Good"


Saturday, May 31, 2008

More First Things…

Please note that I am not an attorney, a CPA or tax preparer, a doctor, a psychologist, a minister, or a business consultant. Nothing you’ll see in my blog is to be interpreted as a recommendation or suggestion to do anything I have done, or as a guarantee that you’ll experience the same results I am experiencing, even if you were to do exactly what you perceive that I am doing. A better choice for the word “template” in the first posting would be “process” or “approach.” I will be sharing the approach I am taking to creating and building my business, and the lessons I learn as the process unfolds. Even if you were to follow my actions to the letter (and even if I shared all of them), your results would vary.

Besides, I cannot and will not in any way share proprietary information provided me in the various educational programs I am participating in, that of course being illegal and unethical. But I will share what I can, particularly about the changes in my thinking that are occurring through this process.

Yes, this is a thinly veiled legal disclaimer. I ain’t no guru. I’m just an ordinary Joe, and it is my joy and an important part of my process to share freely of everything that I experience along the way. Take what works for you and leave the rest. Understand that you are responsible for your choices, and we’ll get along just fine! (We’ll talk more about that later.)

Bottom line: Don’t blame me if you make the decision to do exactly what you think I’m doing and your “mileage varies,” and I won’t be forced to waive this posting at you (and your attorney) and say, “Didn’t I tell you not to try this??!”

But I hope you’ll hear the deeper messages in my postings: God gave us brains to use. The imagination is a powerful tool. The soul is as important as the wallet. Generosity is outrageously fun. Taking action passionately is real living. There are opportunities everywhere. These (and many more important messages) will suffuse my postings, and hopefully help you as you build your own road map and navigate your own personal journey.

No comments: